Oct 7, 2010

I was really excited with how these seasonal blocks turned out! I am always amazed what you can do with a little wood, paint, and paper. I took a length of wood 5 1/2 " wide and cut it down to 51/2" squares. After sanding them down a little and painting them, I covered them with coordinating paper. Now here is the fun part! I just laid out the designer templates (Tiny Holiday, Thoughtful, & Sentiments) until I got a balanced look on them all. Once I had an idea of what I wanted, I traced the templates onto my paper, cut them out, and inked the edges! After embellishing each block with a little hardware, I had a really cute home décor item for the season for about $5.00!

Step 1: Cut your boards (5 1/2" x 51/2")

Step 2: Paint the sides, back, and a little of the front edges of whatever color you would like.

Step 3: Cut your background paper for how many blocks you are doing to 5"x5" squares.

Step 4: On the back of your 5x5 paper squares, apply a little Mod Podge or some kind of adhesive. You don't need a thick layer, but make sure to work quickly so it doesn't dry. Also, make sure that you get the corners really well

Step 5: Place the paper on your wood block and press down. Making sure that everything is smooth and nicely pressed down.


Step 6: Use your Designer Templates (Tiny Holiday, Sentiments, and Thoughtful) to design what you want your blocks to look like.

Step 7: Trace each template onto coordinating paper and ink the edges.

Step 8: Add ribbon or any hardware you would like for an extra touch.

Step 9: You're done! Great for your home or a gift!



No comments: