Mar 27, 2012

Ideas to Inspire You - Strip Flowers



Designed by Debbie Budge, this month's Designs to Inspire focuses on Strip Flowers. Aren't they cute? I first saw this technique on one of Scrapbook Expo's Tip of the Day episodes on My Craft Channel. This particular episode is named:


On it, Diana Opiela showed us how to make ribbon strips from paper and turn them into flowers. I immediately knew I could do the same thing with our strips and could just see in my mind what adorable flowers they would make, especially when combined with our flower templates! On this layout I used Paisley 1a1b, 3a3b; Bracket 3; Tiny Bracket 4T; Floral 3; Tiny Floral 3T; Tiny Nature 6T; Photos and Strips.



I cut eight 4" strips for the larger flower and then punched small holes in each end of the strips. After inking each piece, I used a bone folder to curl the strips slightly so they would bend easily (like curling ribbon for presents) and then placed each one of the strips on the prong of a decorative brad. Once they are all on the brad, you can move them around to space each 'petal' of the strip flower. I used the same brad to attach the flower to the Tiny Nature and Floral layers. So cute and so incredibly easy! I love the look and dimension it gave to my floral embellishment!


For the smaller flower, I followed the same process, except I used six 3" strips. I hope you'll give this method a try...and thank you to Diana Opiela and Scrapbook Expo's Tip of the Day for the idea!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

great layout!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous flowers and layout! What products do you use for the tabs behind the photo mats and for the photo corners? Thank you for your help. Have a great day!