Jul 13, 2012

Weekend Whimsy

Frames are Fun!!

Frames are a fun and easy way to make your favorite photo special. And with our Kiwi Lane designer templates...your frames will be so quick and easy to make....and completely adorable when you are done! 



I love this picture of my grandson, Eli, and wanted to create a really cute frame for it.  Here's how I did it:

 I used a wooden unfinished frame that I bought at Craft Warehouse along with Echo Park's This & That paper line. I liked the frame because it had a spot for a 4x6 photo and lots of room left for designing! 


I painted the edges of the frame with a neutral tan paint and then used Mod Podge to adhere the background paper to the frame...sanding off the edges for a finished look.


Then I began adding my layers: Chestnut Drive, Strips, Happy Trails, Spook Alley, Adventure, Accents, Celebrate, and Playtime. 


I inked all of the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Vintage Photo) and added some brads and buttons to embellish it. 


I bought the title plaque already done and just inked the edges and wrapped some twine around it then adhered it to the frame. And it was done!


It was a quick and fun project - - absolutely perfect for a weekend whimsy! Designed by Debbie Budge

No comments: