Aug 22, 2012

August Calendar


As soon as I saw this photo of some of my grandkids and my youngest son, Matthew, all piled into a little backyard pool, I knew I wanted it on my August Calendar topper! This perfectly illustrates the hot August summer days and the fun ways kids find to keep cool!


I used our hand-picked ON THE SUNNY SIDE paper kit that is in our KLD SHOP to create the calendar and the following designer templates: Sunnybrook Lane, Chestnut Drive, 12" Strips, Photos, Photo Mats, Adventure, Paradise, Tiny Accents, and Tiny Wildflower.


I love layering the Tiny sets with the larger Accessory sets. I used the water splat from the Paradise set and topped it with a sunburst from Tiny Accents and a felt flower I had in my stash. A button was the perfect center!



Here's a close-up of the month page on the calendar. I brought the same patterns and colors down from above and recreated the same embellishment to tie it all together. I found some cute chipboard letters in my scrap drawer and inked right over them with an ink pad...so quick and easy!


This is not a good picture at all...too many shadows in this room. But I wanted to show you how cute it is when hanging above some of my templates where I scrapbook. I hope you have been working on your calendar each month! It makes such a wonderful gift or a great place to hold your own special memories!
Debbie Budge

No comments: