For Today's ideas To Inspire we wanted to Spotlight a local Scrapbooker right here in Idaho. -Nichole Lewno.
Howdy Candies! My name is Nichole Lewno – originally from Las Vegas, Nevada. My Darling Husband of 8 years, Kip Lewno. "My Honey”, decided to plant roots here In Star, Idaho, Where we’ve resided since 2004. When I’m not juggling the responsibilities of owning our businesses we take every opportunity to travel with our lovely children. Each adventure is a journey filled with inspiration through the people we meet and the hearts that are touched. My personal creative journey into the world of Altered Paper Crafting started as far back as my ability to put together ensembles with scissors, paper, & glue. Since 2007, as an Independent Consultant with Close To My Heart I found that my heARTistic journey akes on a myriad of transformations from the inspirational tools I’m loaded with in my creative arsenal. I’m also an admitted “paper hoarder” of sorts. So it’s with no surprise that when I was introduced to Kiwi Lane Designs DT sets I totally fell head over heels in Love with the various ways that I can incorporate them into my varied base mediums using CTMH and Ranger (Tim Holtz, Dyan Reevley & Claudine Helmuth) product lines. As a Designer I have a plethora of techniques that I incorporate into each piece that’s inspired by my journey & thirst for learning more. Kiwi Lane has helped to rejuvenate the way that I paper craft today with their 4- step process of “Framing” it makes the ease of crossing over a full-circle blessing! My Interests & Hobbies Include: Crafting, Home Décor, 3-D Gift Items, Altered Art, Art Journaling, Canvas, Reading, Writing, traveling (more than I can afford to), Basking in outdoor recreation, and Italian Food. Check out my website at www.CreatiqueCandy.com
1. Cricut Artiste Dress Form: Base & Overlay cut at 5 ½” Adhere Outline to Base
2. Using Glossy Accents add dimension to the chocolate sections of the Dress Form.
(Set aside to allow time to dry)
3. Card Base Front: 4 ¼” x 5 ½” Diamond B&T paper.
4. Front: Juniper Dots B&T, Reversed & Flipped Opposite DT “Thoughtful” 3A, 3B
5. 5 ½” Cut word B&T overlaying ¾” chocolate cardstock
6. Distress all pieces with Chocolate Exclusive Inks or your preferred Distress Ink.
7. Weave the Dress From into the piece from steps 5 & 6 to the ¾” word band strip. Adhere to the Front.
8. Using Bowdabra & the ¼” “Slate” organdy ribbon create 2 loops for the dress.
9. Randomly place CTMH Bitty Opaque Pearls (Embellish Front as Desired)
10. KLD “Thoughtful” 3A, 3B overlay one another opposite
the outside of card front.
11. Sentiment: Jet Printed on Colonial White Cardstock using Font –
Ugly Qua altering the color with RGB values in word pro 2010.
“Juniper” RGB: (R-55 G-141 B-110) “Sew In Rare Form” Framed
with DT “Tiny Brackets” 1T then cut &
Distressed with chocolate exclusive inks.12. Using the Step 3 Replace Adhere pieces to inside of the card.
Placed behind the 3A & 3B borders.
“I'm absolutely in LOVE with the way they turned out. Using Kiwi Lane templates are so much fun to play with and design. I Love borders!!! I adore the tiny accessories & photo mating though I haven't gotten a chance to play with it yet. I kept getting inspired by more as I went along. I just fell in love with my paper, scissors & glue all over again & the FUN part was watching how it came together & how many different ways that I could of made the same pieces, but look different.” -Nichole