Sep 21, 2012

September Calendar


As soon as I saw these pictures of my granddaughter, Riley, heading off to school for another year, I knew they would be perfect for my September Calendar topper!  


I used the Simple Stories Harvest Lane line of paper...so cute...along with some Core-dinations cardstock that I have on hand.  I wanted to capture the fun feels and colors of Fall...leaves and ripening apples...as well as the excitement of the first day of school.  

Here is a list of the designer templates I used to create my Calendar:  Chestnut Drive 2a/2b and 3b, Strips, Halloween 3, Tiny Holiday 2T and 4T, Tiny Nature 1T, 3T and 4T, Tags 5, Tiny Sweetheart 1T and Photos.


I made the apples out of the pumpkin templates in Halloween and Tiny Holiday.  The center of the larger apple is the smaller pumpkin from Tiny Holiday with the stem trimmed off.  I hand-cut little 'seeds' for the center of the apple.  


I pulled the same colors and patterns down to the header and added some glittered letters to spell SEPTEMBER.  The arrow is from Tiny Nature and the leaves are from Tiny Nature and Tiny Holiday.


I always pull some of the colors and patterns down to the bottom of my calendar using different STRIPS.  It gives the whole design a completed look.


And here's the end result!  I love it and have it hanging right by my scrapbooking table.  I hope you are working on your own calendar...it would make a wonderful gift for a loved on at Christmas!

Designed by Debbie Budge




No comments: