Oct 10, 2012

October Calendar Topper



The Holidays are coming...and this month is one of my favorites!  I love everything that comes with Halloween and after 8 kids, we're getting pretty good at it!  Now I have a whole bunch of grandkids to enjoy as they decorate their homes and porches with pumpkins and witches and ghosts and webs...and as they decide what they want to be for Halloween.  So, of course, for my October Calendar topper, I picked Halloween as my theme!

This Calendar was so fun to design!  I used some Halloween paper that I had left over from last year - My Mind's Eye - and it worked great!  I used the following designer template sets in my design:

Spook Alley, Strips, Halloween, Adventure, Tags, Tiny Tags, Tiny Holiday, Tiny Nature and Photos.



I had a lot of fun with the pumpkins from the Halloween and Tiny Holiday Accessory sets.  I used a crimper to add some texture to the larger pumpkin and then layered them together, adding leaves and a star to go with the star theme in the paper.  


Next I used two tags that reminded me of tombstones, one from the Tags set and one from the Tiny Tags set.  It's a simple embellishment, but really added a fun touch to this design!  


I pulled the same paper down to the Month space and added some punch-out stars from the paper line and Thickers letters for OCTOBER...in a really cute green color, which pops!



It all came together beautifully and the family photo from one Halloween was the perfect finishing touch!  I hope you'll take the time to create your own Halloween Calendar!  

Designed by Debbie Budge





No comments: