Dec 30, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree

Well it’s that time of year. Traditionally after the holiday, we take our Christmas tree down. It is always a bittersweet moment for those of us that love this season. But, even though we can’t leave our trees up all year round, there’s no reason that we can’t find a special place for them in our scrapbooks!

Actually, Christmas came so fast and kept me so busy this year that I am just finding time to pull out my seasonal paper and scrapbook! Here are a couple of the things that I have been up to.

Simple Tree

click on images to see a closer view!

To create the simple tree on this card, I used celebrate #6, Tiny Nature #3 and Tiny Accents #3. I also used the 2x2 template from the mini photo set for the gift. Add to it the festive holiday patterns of Fancy Pants’ Paper and you get an adorable card. Simple, but it does the trick!

You can also use this tree on your 12x12 pages. Dress it up by pulling out some of your paper scraps or even use ribbon. And I am sure many of you will come up with lots of other creative ways to adorn your tree.


This is a project that I did just for fun with my leftover scraps. I took a 7x7 chipboard and covered it with paper and then added some trees to make a little home décor plaque to place on my shelf during the holiday season!

3D Embellishment
Kristi Lee, over at scrapbooksteals.com, inspired me to try this with the Designer Template Sets. I must say it is really fun. Perfect for gift tags, cards and projects. All you do is cut a design out and place it flat on the surface that you are working on and then cut out another one of the same design. Bend it a little in the middle and then only adhere it to the base along the middle of the design leaving the edges free. You could even sew it up the middle instead of using adhesive.


After making the layered tree, I got to wondering if I could make a cute ornament using the same technique! Maybe next year I will fine tune this project and add it to my tree.


FULL TREE
I created this double tree using the # 3 Winter DT. Susan Baker was kind enough to post a page on our facebook wall where she used this technique, and it was so cute that I couldn’t help but try it! Simply trace the tree onto your paper and then flip it over and trace it on the other side. Then cut it out as one piece. I have used this technique with the snowflake from the Winter set, but the full tree just looks fabulous! You can accomplish this with any set that has a straight edge. (Wildflower, Brackets, Wacky, Winter) Thanks for sharing your page with us Susan!


Designed by Susan Budge using Authentic Paper (SOLD HERE!)

Or you can keep them on the edge of your page or tuck them behind a picture or border.

I love using the Tiny Sets to add layers to my page!

We hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year. And hopefully you have found some inspiration for scrapbooking your own holiday memories.

If you are looking to add these fun “Holiday” DT sets to your collection make sure to take advantage of the end of the season sale and save 30% off these selected DT sets.
Winter
Reg: $11.95 Sale: $8.37
Tiny Holiday
Reg: $ 13.95 Sale: $9.76
Christmas
Reg: $ Sale $12.95 Sale: $9.06

3 DAYS ONLY Dec 31st – Jan 2. No Rain checks. While supplies last.

Oh, and just a reminder that everything in the shop is still 15% off and extended until January 2nd. Visit us at Kiwilane.com

No comments: