Mar 5, 2012

March Calendar


March means Spring is coming, so I chose this lovely paper from My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart's Be Happy line because I loved the beautiful flowers on it for my March Calendar topper. I also used a piece of Core'dinations cardstock from my paper stash. Templates used were: Sunnybrook Lane 1a1b, 2b, 3a; Wildflower 1; Nature 6; Tiny Sweetheart 3T, 4T; 1/2" Strips; Tiny Wacky 2T; Photos and Photo Mattes. Designed by Debbie Budge.


I like to give my Calendar a finished look by adding some strips of the different papers at the bottom.



I wanted to highlight some of the rich color from the flowers printed on the paper, so I used a piece of Core'dinations Cardstock to add texture and color to my Calendar. I sanded the embossed image on the cardstock and around the edges to bring out the core color and pattern. It added just the right amount of pop to my flower.


I wanted to pull brown into my Calendar page because of my daughter, Rachel's, beautiful brown hair in the photo. So I used a brown fabric flower as the center of my Nature flower at the top, and I brought the brown down into the title. I used My Mind's Eye Brown Lush chipboard letters...the fuzzy ones. I love the texture of those letters and the brown really complements the soft pastel spring colors in the paper.

No comments: